Creating a New Gauge Perfect Widget in 15 minutes
I would like to describe a case of customization of one of
the gauges delivered in Perfect Widgets package. Let’s imagine we need a widget
that allows manage a dish-shaped antenna.
1. First of all we need to download the gauges. You
can download them here. We need this version of
the product since it includes gauges designer.
2. Run Instrument Designer.
3. Find the most suitable gauge from the package of ready gauges. Let’s choose the following good-looking compass gauge:
4. The designer allows modifying a gauge in various ways:
Change composite parts of the gauge
Set various fills
5. Since we want to have an antenna, we need an
image of the antenna. The task is easy and I believe, you won’t face any
troubles with it. As for me, I like the following one:
6. Now, let’s start with a gauge modifying. We delete the boring arrows and replace them with the image we
Delete the arrows. (the Needle element)
Add the PictureSet element from the left toolbox
and place it inside the Slider element.
In the property grid of the Picture element, we
click the Image property, set it to our antenna image and change image size if
In the end, we get the following result which
you can embed into your application in two mouse clicks.