You have just downloaded the Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services 2008. You are ready to start testing the product and during the process you may face some questions.
To help you get started, we would like to give you a short algorithm describing the process of installing the product:
- Unpack the archive that you downloaded and install the product on your Developer's machine;
- Find the Reporting Services Rendering Extension\PerpetuumSoft.XamlExtension.msi file in the folder where you installed the product (if you didn't change anything when installing it will be located by the following path C:\Program Files\Perpetuum Software\Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services 2008\Reporting Services Rendering Extension\PerpetuumSoft.XamlExtension.msi). Copy it on the server where SSRS resides.
- Install Xaml Rendering Extensions on this server. (If you face problems during this step, please, have a look at the article: How to add Rendering Extension to Reporting Services manually )
- Install the license on the Developer's machine. (If you face problems during this step, please, have look at the following article: Solution for the Licensing Issues)
- Install the license on the server where SSRS resides the same way as you have done it on the Developer's machine.
Now you are ready to get started with the testing! For more information on the common issues of the product use, have a look at the following tutorial: Getting Started: Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services 2008
. It will help you to create your first application!